OFCCP’s Contractor Portal, which will be used for certifying AAP development, as well as for uploading documents and data during a compliance review, opened for registration (not AAP certification) on February 1. If you’ve tried to register as a federal contractor or subcontractor at the OFCCP Contractor Portal, you may have encountered some “challenges.” We have.
- EEO-1 Company Number: the system told us that the pre-populated employer company identification was associated with another employer. Turns out, the company number is only the first six digits for Portal registration, not the complete seven digits that appear in your 2018 EEO-1 report. OFCCP clarified this point this week in a mass e-mail:
- Enter only the first six digits of the 2018 EEO-1 identifiers when completing the fields “Headquarter/Company Number” and “Establishment/Unit Number.” Each identifier you enter must be a six-digit number. If an EEO-1 identifier has more than six digits, enter only the first six digits of the number.
- Enter EEO-1 identifiers from the 2018 EEO-1 report only. The Contractor Portal’s registration process is configured to work only with information from the 2018 EEO-1 report. At this time, no other versions of the EEO-1 report are supported.
- DUNS number: we found that to register, we needed a “0” as the first digit in the DUNS. Without the “0,” we received an error message with no guidance as to how to correct the issue.
- Establishment Information: when we attempted to modify Establishment information, we encountered an error regarding the Company Number, without any guidance. However, when we deleted the pre-populated Company Number, we were able to edit the Establishment information.
It appears that there will be challenges to Contractor Portal registration and that OFCCP will provide guidance as it becomes aware of the issues. Likewise, as we encounter issues or tips, we will supplement this blog. Stay tuned!