In another installment of the NILG’s 2020 Virtual Conference Webinar Series, OFCCP’s National Policy team presented updates on the Agency’s directives, regulatory activity, policies and procedure developments.
Director of Policy and Program Development, Tina Williams confirmed “the agency has been busy” and walked attendees through the policy developments and upcoming Agency initiatives. Highlights of the presentation included:
- Announcement that OFCCP will not be extending the COVID-19 National Interest Exemption. The Agency initiated the exemption in March 2020 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Update that the Agency is in the process of developing Religious Exemption and Resolution Procedures final rules. The recently final rule addressing TRICARE providers was also discussed.
- Discussion of focused reviews, including the Agency’s completed Section 503 focused reviews, upcoming VEVRAA reviews and development of promotion and religious accommodation focused reviews. Ms. Williams explained OFCCP is in the process of developing landing pages for these latter types of focused reviews and acknowledged the promotion reviews “will be slightly tricky.”
- Acting Deputy Director of Policy, Christopher Seely provided a recap of the Directives OFCCP released in FY 2020
- OFCCP intends to continue its Town Hall programs with the introduction of virtual Town Halls on “yet to be determined topics” by the end of the calendar year
- The Agency is working on new recognition programs and initiatives, including Closure Letters with Distinction.
- Ms. Williams echoed Director Leen’s comments from the webseries Opening Remarks regarding support for the Indian and Native American Employment Rights Program (INAERP)
- The Agency is also working on finalizing scheduling letters and audit procedures for construction contractors.
- As a final point, the presentation touched on the Agency’s work on publishing additional technical assistance guides, including a guide for Supply & Service contractors.
The NILG’s 2020 Virtual Conference continues in the coming weeks and we will be sure to keep you updated along the way.